Monday, November 08, 2010

Don't Tell Anyone

The college pays adjuncts teaching more than 6 credits for an office hour.  In the past, its been great, free money.  I would go to the math lab, sit for my two-thirty minute sessions, take care of some work and then go to class.  This term, no so easy.  There are students in my class who actually show up and ask for help.  I'm working extra.  Don't tell anyone, but I love it.  I'm thrilled to be teaching students that are so motivated and so concerned about passing and getting A's.  I even show up early to make sure they are getting all the help they need.

2 comments:

Lannhi said...

I am a teacher (from Australia) and I've just discovered your blog. I love it and find it extremely inspiring. Don't stop writing : )

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky that you have another career to fall back on. And, it's one you enjoy.